The IDI-BD2K project is pleased to announce a series of seminars by
Professor Elias Moreno from Universidad de Granada.
The main objective of the visit is to disseminate to various audiences Prof. Moreno’s research on the application of rigorous Decision Theory Analyses in the choice of medical treatments. Also, to reinforce his collaborations with local researchers in statistics.
The main activities will be:
- Prof Moreno will deliver two conferences in the the Rio Piedras Campus University of Puerto Rico.
- The first will given on Monday, February 4, 2019 at 11:30am, Auditorio Jesús Amaral, Escuela de Arquitectura, and will be a general Motivation and Introduction to the problem.
- The second will be given on Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 4:00pm in CNL A-211, Natural Sciences, and is a much more technical talk using state of the art methods in Bayesian Model Selection to make specific decisions for different groups eg male-female etc
- A third conference will be given on Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 10:00am in the Centro Comprensivo de Cáncer, motivating the students and faculty to use Statistical Decision Analysis in the choice of treatments as it is done in Europe. (Registration)
- Throughout the rest of the week, until Friday, February 8, 2019 Professor Moreno will reactivate his joint research projects in Bayesian Statistics with Profs. Luis Pericchi and Maria Eglee Perez, incorporating students of Mathematics and Computer Science. In particular there is interest in evaluating Machine Learning algorithms using rigorous Statistical Science.