The NSF REU Program in Medical Informatics (MedIX) at DePaul University and University of Chicago enters its twelfth year. We are looking for bright undergraduate students to get involved in research in the area of Medical Informatics for the summer of 2016. Participants will receive a stipend of $5,000, travel support to/from the REU site, and subsistence allowance.
- March 4, 2016: Application submission deadline
- March 30, 2016: Notification of decision
- April 6, 2016: Confirmation of participation
- June 13, 2016: MedIX Program Orientation
- August 19, 2016: MedIX Program last day
Statistics on the previous REU MedIX Program (2005-2013):
- 84% students had at least one research publication
- 65 publications (9 journal papers, 46 conference papers, 10 extended abstracts)
- 25% of students are in, or have finished, PhD programs; all received support
- 18% of student participants have finished masters programs
- 21% of student are in, or have finished, medical degrees; of those, six are active in research.
For the application form and additional information, please have your students visit the MedIX website at http://facweb.cdm.depaul.edu/research/vc/medix/index.htm or contact Dr. Daniela Raicu at email@example.com.